Genetwister Technologies B.V. (hereinafter referred to as “Genetwister” or “us” or “we”) respects the privacy of everyone who visits this website.
This statement is to inform you regarding the use of your personal information which is collected during your visit to our website or when you contact Genetwister.
- what personal data we collect and how;
- for what purposes and on what grounds we process your personal data;
- how long we keep your personal data;
- who we share your personal data with;
- how your personal data is protected;
- the rights you have as data subject;
- how you can contact us.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal data that we process may include:
- Your contact details, such as the name and mail you provide in the contact form. Data related to the device you use to visit our website such as : IP address, browser, operating system, country from which the visit is done;
- Data related to your visit to our website (such as pages you opened on the website, time of your visit, duration of the visit);
- Personal data you provide us through the contact form;
- Personal data you may provide us for the purpose of a job application, such as your full name, date of birth, address, phone number, nationality, marital status and any other personal data set out in your application (such us business details);
- Any other personal data relating to you which you may provide us or that we may obtain in relation to the purposes and based on grounds set out below.
We collect this personal data because you provided this data to us. For example, you may provide data when entering into an agreement with us, by entering your data on our website, by applying for a job. We may also collect your personal data from other sources, such as local counsel, counterparties, the Trade Register, the Land Registry or by using publically available sources.
Privacy of Children
We understand the importance of protecting the privacy of children. The Genetwister website is not directed to children, as defined under applicable law, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children. It is, however, Genetwister’s policy to comply with the law when it requires parent or guardian permission before collecting, using or disclosing personal data of children.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with his or her Personal Data without their consent, please contact us via our contact form. If we become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Data, we will delete his/her data from our files.
PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Genetwister may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To inform you of who we are and what we do;
- To respond to queries or requests submitted by you;
- To provide our services;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For marketing and business development activities, such as news updates, invitations for our events and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- To handle your job application or subscription to any of our recruitment services and events;
- To generate statistics regarding the use of the website and/or to analyze and improve the website;
- For internal visitor analyses in order to further optimize the website.
We gather your personal data either on the basis of your consent, or because the data is necessary for the performance of a contract, or we need to comply with a legal obligation or because it has a legitimate interest.
SHARING WITH OTHERS
Your data will only be used to the extent necessary and then only for or on behalf of our employees or other personnel designated by us, including personnel from all group companies. In some cases we may also share your personal data with third parties. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Third parties relevant to the services that we provide, such as service providers, regulatory authorities and governmental institutions;
- Third parties that we engage with, such as supervisory authorities and other bodies, in order to comply with legal obligations;
Third parties to whom we transfer your personal data are themselves responsible for compliance with privacy legislation. Genetwister is neither responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties. To the extent that a third party processes your personal data as a data processor of Genetwister, Genetwister will conclude a processor agreement with such party that meets the requirements set out in the GDPR.
To be able to provide our services, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data to a recipient in a country outside of the European Economic Area. In that case, Genetwister will ensure that the data transfer is compliant with the applicable law.
With the exception of making your personal data available to the aforementioned parties, Genetwister will not make your personal data available to third parties unless it is required to do so to meet its legal obligations.
Genetwister implemented technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful alteration, destruction, loss or unauthorized disclosure. Such measures will be continuously enhanced in line with technological developments.
THE RIGHTS you have
You, as a data subject, have a number of legal rights:
- Right to correct: if your personal is inaccurate or incomplete you have the right to have your personal information rectified;
- Right to erasure: this right enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your data in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to suspend the usage of your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it. Please note that this right is limited in certain situations: when we are processing your personal information that we collected from you with your consent you can only request restriction on the basis of: (a) inaccuracy of data; (b) where our processing is unlawful and you don’t want your personal information erased; (c) you need it for a legal claim; or (d) if we no longer need to use the data for the purposes for which we hold it. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for restriction of the use of their personal information to make sure the restriction is respected in future;
- Right to data portability: this means that you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit that data to another controller;
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests, direct marketing;
- Right to be informed: you have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information; and
- Right to withdraw consent: if you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you can contact Genetwister via the contact details below. We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your request within one month. If you have a complaint about the processing of personal data by or on behalf of Genetwister, you can submit a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement or to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
The website does not use any tracking cookies, advertising or analytical cookies. The following functional cookies may be placed via the website without your prior consent:
|Type of cookie||Purpose|
More information about cookies can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org
If you need further information or have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us in writing via:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Genetwister Technologies B.V., att. Privacy, PO Box 193, 6700 AD Wageningen, The Netherlands